► Land Internship 2024
Land Internship 2024
Jubilee is offering a new opportunity within our Volunteer Program in 2024, specifically oriented toward engagement with our land work over the course of a full growing season (February 1 – November 30).
The land is a vital thread in the fabric of Jubilee. We tend the land as a place of hospitality for new immigrants, to grow healthy foods, to accent the beauty of creation, and to engage in the work of intentional community. The land holds a mix of pastures, gardens, forests, orchards, livestock, ponds, wildlife, and perennial crops. We practice a variety of methods to care for the fertility of the soil, including pasture rotation, mulching, cover cropping, minimum tillage, and composting. We harvest foods such as vegetables, fruit, nuts, and meat. The Neighbors’ Field offers former refugees a space to raise traditional foods. We hope this land is a source of healing for those we host and for those who reside here.
Commitment: February 1st – November 30th of 2024
Application deadline: December 8th, 2023
What You’ll Do
About 30-35 hours per week will be devoted to land work. This will involve overseeing at least two livestock chores and at least three garden crops throughout the year. You’ll also help prepare community meals and learn the use of some machines, such as tractors and mowers. As a participant in our Volunteer Program, you will participate with other Volunteers in weekly activities such as daily devotions, Bible study, and a variety of work projects.
Who We’re Looking For
We do not ask that an intern come with any particular experience or skills, but we are looking for someone with the following interests and capabilities:
– Interest in Christ-centered discipleship and in engaging with the life of worship at Jubilee.
– Interest in agriculture; in growing food and caring for animals.
– Interest in the intersection of land and cross-cultural hospitality. This will include working alongside newly arrived immigrants and former refugees with limited English and navigating cultural differences.
– Ability to do physical labor for up to 8 hours per day. Some tasks need to be done early in the morning or later in the evening, including weekends, depending on the season.
– Ability to work both alone and with others for extended periods of time.
Apply: You can begin the application process by emailing us at volunteer@jubileepartners.